With these delicious strawberry-filled cupcakes topped with a cute pink frosting, prepare yourself to experience a burst of strawberry flavor with every bite. Enjoy a pure moment of decadence and impress your friends and family with a homemade masterpiece, or just enjoy the sweet taste of strawberry goodness!
To make these strawberry filled cupcakes, bake easy vanilla cupcakes, fill them with creamy strawberry curd, decorate with strawberry whipped cream frosting and a cute little strawberry on top for decoration.
Why you will love these strawberry filled cupcakes
- They are easy to make. With a little bit of time, anyone can bake these strawberry cupcakes at home.
- They are sweet and delicious, with a fruity flavor. The combination of fluffy vanilla cupcakes with strawberry filling creates a perfect balance of flavors that keeps people coming back for more.
- Adding a strawberry curd filling takes the humble strawberry cupcakes to the next level.
- They’re pretty and colorful: with their pink hue frosting and cute strawberry decorations on top, these cupcakes make for a great addition to any party or event.
- They are a stunning treat for spring and summer.
These strawberry-filled cupcakes require pretty standard baking lineup.
Vanilla cupcakes are made with all-purpose flour, baking powder, fine sugar (caster or granulated sugar), salt, large eggs, milk (whole or 2% milk fat), vegetable oil (like canola oil / rapeseed oil), and pure vanilla extract.
The strawberry cupcake filling is a curd made with fresh strawberries for the best flavor, sugar, whole eggs, egg yolks, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
The whipped strawberry cream is made with full-fat heavy cream (called double cream in the UK), mascarpone cheese (full-fat), powdered sugar, and strawberry cordial (choose good quality cordial). Note: Heavy cream with a minimum milk fat content of 30-36% is very important. The fat in the cream aids in stabilizing the whipped cream, ensuring it holds its shape.
How to make this strawberry cupcake recipe?
Here is a summary of the recipe. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions at the end of this post.
Vanilla cupcakes: In a large mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. Next, add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until combined. Transfer the batter to muffin cases and bake.
Strawberry filling: Check my strawberry curd recipe for full details and tips to ensure you master the recipe.
Pink strawberry frosting: Preparing the whipped strawberry cream is a breeze. Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whip until stiff peaks are formed. My advice: start whipping at a low speed, then increase the speed gradually, that help to create a more stable frosting.
Assembly: Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, fill them with the strawberry curd and decorate them with the whipped cream frosting.
- Ingredients at room temperature: it helps the batter come together more easily, resulting in a better texture.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can cause the cupcakes to become tough and dry. Mix the ingredients until just combined.
- Use an aluminum cupcake tin for best results.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full to prevent them from spilling.
- Don’t overbake the cupcakes. Overbaking can dry out the cupcakes. Also, all ovens are different, for me, it’s 20 minutes.
Strawberry filling cupcakes:
- Use fresh strawberries: Fresh strawberries are the key ingredient in strawberry cupcakes, so make sure you buy them when they are in season and at their best.
- Check the Strawberry curd recipe for full details and tips.
Strawberry Pink Frosting:
- Use chilled heavy cream. It helps to whip better and faster.
- Soften the mascarpone cheese with a spoon or a spatula. It helps to incorporate better.
- Start whipping at a low speed to combine all the ingredients, then increase the speed gradually. First, it will prevent the cream from splattering and making a mess. Then, it will create a more stable frosting.
- Let the cupcakes cool before frosting: It’s important to let them cool completely before adding frosting to prevent it from melting and sliding off.
- If you don’t have a cupcake corer, use an apple corer instead.
- Fill a piping bag with the strawberry filling to fill the cupcakes. It makes things easier.
By following these tips, you can make the perfect strawberry filled cupcakes.
How to store the strawberry filled cupcakes?
Store them in the refrigerator under a cake dome for up to 2 days.
Can I make ahead of time these strawberry cupcakes?
- You can prepare the cupcakes without the frosting a day ahead. After baking, wrap them to retain moisture and place them in an airtight container for storage.
- You can prepare the strawberry curd a few days in advance. Keep it in the fridge, covered, until ready to use it.
Can we freeze the cupcakes?
If you want to freeze cupcakes, freeze the vanilla cupcakes without any filling or frosting for up to a month. Simply wrap them in plastic wrap and put them in an airtight container before placing them in the freezer.
Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones?
Usually, you can alternate fresh for frozen in most recipes, but for this recipe, I highly recommend using fresh strawberries. First, fresh strawberries taste better. Then, the filling is a curd, and frozen strawberries can contain more water which can affect the consistency of the curd.
What kind of other frosting pairs well with strawberry cupcakes?
A classic vanilla whipped cream or an ermine buttercream are also great options.
Can I replace the mascarpone cheese in the strawberry whipped cream frosting?
Instead, cream cheese (full fat) can be used as a substitute for mascarpone cheese. Keep in mind that the taste will vary slightly, and you might need to tweak the amount of powdered sugar to balance the sourness.
If you like these strawberry-filled cupcakes, you should try these recipes, next:
- these raspberry filled cupcakes are also delicious with a juicy filling.
- This French Strawberry tart
If you tried these Strawberry filled Cupcakes or any recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment below.
Find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for even more tips and recipes.