The Snickers Pie will blow your mind. These decadent mini sweet tarts combine the best Snickers flavor: peanut butter, caramel, peanuts, and milk chocolate.
What if you could retrieve the incredible snickers flavors to create a fantastic dessert? It’s exactly what the snickers pie is. Not only does it taste insanely delicious, but I decided to turn it into an elegant dessert. Don’t worry if you don’t have oval tart rings, you can prepare this individual dessert with a regular round-shaped tart ring.
This snickers pie looks a bit challenging, but each layer is not so difficult. ASSEMBLY is the key to creating this showstopper dessert. Follow the process, and you will master the snickers pie easily.
Why you’ll love the Snickers Pie?
- Decadent tartlets loaded with Snickers Flavor.
- Made from scratch: impress your loved ones with such a tasty treat!
- Make-ahead dessert: you can prepare some parts and assemble them the day you plan to serve it
- If you’re looking for a new recipe with peanut butter, this one is original.
- Showstopper dessert right from your kitchen
Note about some ingredients
Sweet pastry: Visit the sweet pastry recipe to access an entire and detailed blog post to succeed.
Caramel: Visit the salted caramel sauce recipe. You won’t use an entire jar, barely less than half of a jar. You can use a store-bought version if you wish. Make sure to use a caramel spread with a thick and creamy texture (like Bonne Maman) and not a caramel sauce (too runny).
Peanuts: choose unsalted, roasted peanuts
Peanut Butter Cream made with:
- Peanut butter: choose peanut butter with 100% peanuts for best flavor and avoid too much added sugar.
- Mascarpone cheese: full fat – soften
- Powdered sugar – sifted
How to make a Snicker Pie?
I used an oval tart ring to remain the snickers candy bar but feel free to use any shape you have. The recipe is for 5 tartlets, oval tart ring size: 13cm x 4.5cm (5 x 1.8 in)
The Snicker Pie is based on 4 layers:
- a blind bake sweet pastry crust
- topped with a peanut butter cream + roasted peanuts
- followed by a creamy caramel sauce
- and garnish with a milk chocolate ganache
Here is the process recommended to prepare the Snickers Pie:
- Start with the caramel sauce, which can be prepared a few days in advance.
- Then, prepare the sweet pastry shell – need to chill for 2 hours at least or best overnight.
- The chocolate ganache needs 2 hours to set. You can also leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Finally, prepare the peanut butter cream when ready to assemble. It’s an easy process, ready in no time.
- Assemble the tartlets the day you plan to serve them. Note: Assemble only when the tart shells are cooked and completely cooled.
Full instructions in the printable version at the end of this post.
Can we freeze the Snickers Pie?
I’ve never tried, but I won’t recommend freezing the snickers pie.
Can we make it ahead of time?
- Yes, you can prepare the caramel sauce a few days in advance.
- The dough for the tart shells can be prepared in advance or even frozen; full detail on the sweet pastry recipe.
- The chocolate ganache can be prepared a day in advance.
How to store these tartlets?
Any leftovers: in an airtight container or under a cake dome, in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Can we use a different chocolate?
I tried the ganache with semi-sweet chocolate with 50% cocoa content, and the chocolate tends to overpower the flavor. I suggest keeping milk chocolate for the ganache.
Tips to prepare the Snickers Pie
- Make sure to read the blog post about the sweet pastry recipe and the salted caramel sauce recipe. Both are very detailed and full of tips.
- Ensure the tart shells are completely cooled before assembling.
- When heating the chocolate and heavy cream to make the ganache, use a spatula, not a whisk as we don’t want to incorporate air.
- If the ganache is too firm, place it in a microwave in a 5-10-second burst until you reach the right consistency. It should be soft enough to pipe but not too soft to hold the shape.
- When ready to prepare the peanut butter cream, ensure the peanut butter and mascarpone are soft enough to be mixed.
Try these recipes, next:
If you tried the Snickers Pie or any recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment below.
Find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for even more tips and recipes.