This elegant Raspberry Frangipane Tart is made with a sweet pastry, a creamy almond filling, topped with a homemade raspberry filling, and decorated with whipped cream and fresh raspberries for a modern style.
This raspberry frangipane tart is one of the most wonderful, classic French desserts, perfect for a dinner party or any special occasion. This raspberry tart is an incredible depth of flavor. The frangipane filling and the delicate notes of raspberries contribute a beautiful balance.
Use small tart rings 4in (10cm) for individual desserts, or prepare this raspberry pie in an 8in (20cm) tart ring for a large tart.
Why you’ll love this Raspberry Frangipane Tart
- Made completely from scratch
- Full of flavor: almond and raspberry pair well together
- A perfect raspberry filling with the right texture, so no slipping when you cut the tart
- Fancy desserts to impress but still accessible for the home baker
- French patisserie with an elegant design, straight from your kitchen
Note about the Ingredients
- Check my Sweet Pastry Recipe for all the details for the tart shell.
- The almond filling is made with butter, sugar, eggs, and ground almonds (Use good quality ground almonds for best results)
- Raspberry Filling: check my raspberry filling recipe for all the details. You can use fresh or frozen raspberries to prepare the raspberry filling.
- If you can, choose fresh raspberries for decoration. Frozen berries tend to lose their texture.
- Whipped cream: heavy cream (full fat), mascarpone cheese (full fat), powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
Full instructions are at the bottom of the page. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable version at the end of this post.
- Stand mixer with the paddle attachment but not compulsory. It just makes things easier to make the sweet pastry.
- Pie weights
- Electric mixer for the almond filling and whipped cream.
- Tart ring: 5 x 4in (10cm) or 1 x 8in (20cm). I use a perforated ring, but feel free to use a fluted tart pan. Prefer a loose base tart tin if you be easier to remove.
OPTIONAL: Perforated silicone sheet and a perforated aluminum sheet pan. The tart shell will be perfectly baked without bubbling because the steam can escape. Otherwise, use a baking sheet and parchment paper.
How to make the Raspberry Tart
This raspberry frangipane tart looks impressive, but it’s not difficult to make and looks beautiful with simple decoration.
I like to make these raspberry tartlets over 2 days. It helps to keep things easy.
Pastry shell: I prepare the dough and line the tart rings, then wrap it with cling film and let them chill overnight.
Raspberry Filling: You can make it a few days in advance. It stores well in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Pre-Bake, almond filling, bake, whipped cream, and assembly.
Check my video above for the assembly.
Can you freeze the raspberry frangipane tart?
Unfortunately, I won’t recommend freezing the tart once it is finished.
Can I make ahead of time this raspberry pie?
- I prepare this raspberry tart recipe over 2 days. Check the section just above if you haven’t read it.
- The dough for the tart shell can be frozen when it’s raw; check the sweet pastry recipe for details. Or you can prepare the dough 1 or 2 days before and let it chill overnight.
- The raspberry filling can be made a few days before.
How to store it?
This raspberry almond tart is best when serving the day, it’s made. Any leftovers: under a cake dome or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. After one day, the fresh raspberries may slightly dye the whipped cream due to their bright natural color.
Can I use a different type of fruit?
Yes! Any berries, like blackberries, blueberries, or strawberries, would be delicious.
Can I use frozen raspberries instead of fresh ones?
You can use frozen raspberries for the raspberry filling, but I recommend fresh berries for the top, as frozen berries tend to lose their texture.
- Read the raspberry frangipane tart recipe before starting.
- For best results, use weight measurements. It’s more accurate.
- Check the following blog post: sweet pastry recipe and raspberry filling. There are full of tips and very detailed.
- For decoration, feel free to decorate this raspberry pie as you desire.
- Pipe the whipped cream when ready to serve or just a few hours before. After one day, the fresh raspberries may slightly dye the whipped cream due to their bright natural color.
- Check my video (above) for the assembly.
Try these recipes, next:
If you tried this Raspberry Frangipane Tart or any recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment below.