Get ready to fall in love with these Raspberry-Filled Cupcakes. They feature a delicate vanilla cupcake filled with a homemade raspberry filling and topped with whipped cream cheese frosting, creating delicious juicy cupcakes that will steal your heart.
These raspberry filled cupcakes are the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and oh-so-irresistible. And what better way to indulge in this sweet and tangy fruit than with filled cupcakes?
These delightful raspberry filled cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are perfect for any occasion, from a cozy afternoon tea-time to a fancy dinner party. In this blog post, I’ll share this delicious raspberry cupcake recipe that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. So, grab your apron and get ready to bake up these lovely.
Why you’ll love these raspberry-filled cupcakes?
- Sweet and tangy flavor: Raspberry filling adds a burst of fruity flavor to the cupcakes, which complements the sweetness of the cupcakes.
- Moist texture: the cupcakes are made with oil to keep them moist, and the raspberry filling also helps keep cupcakes moist, adding a juicy layer inside the cake.
- These raspberry-filled cupcakes are a fabulous summer dessert but also great to serve anytime of the year if you love raspberries, as the raspberry filling can be made with fresh or frozen berries.
These raspberry vanilla cupcakes call for simple ingredients you will find easily.
Vanilla cupcakes are made with all-purpose flour, baking powder, fine sugar (caster or granulated sugar), salt, large eggs, milk, vegetable oil (like canola oil / rapeseed oil), and vanilla extract.
The raspberry filling cupcake is made with frozen or fresh raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
The Whipped cream cheese frosting is made with full-fat heavy cream (double cream in the UK), full-fat cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.
How to make these raspberry cupcakes?
Vanilla cupcakes: Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix both together. Pour the batter into muffin cases and bake.
Check my raspberry filling recipe for full details and succeed in this cupcake filling. You will find step-by-step instructions with photos to see how to make the perfect raspberry cupcake filling.
The cream cheese frosting is simple to make. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and whip until stiff peaks form.
Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, fill them with the raspberry filling and decorate them with the whipped cream cheese frosting.
Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions at the bottom of the page.
- Ingredients are at room temperature for best results.
- Don’t over-mix the batter, and don’t over-bake the cupcakes.
- Let the cupcakes completely cool down before assembling.
- Use an aluminum cupcake tin for best results.
Check the Raspberry Filling recipe for full details and tips.
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Use chilled heavy cream.
- Start whipping at a low speed to combine all the ingredients, then increase the speed gradually.
- Ensure the cupcakes are completely cooled before proceeding to assembly.
- If you don’t have a cupcake corer, use an apple corer instead.
- Fill a piping bag with the Raspberry Filling to fill the cupcakes.
- Add a whole raspberry to the cupcake: Fill half of the cupcake hole with raspberry filling, add a raspberry, and fill up with more filling.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of raspberry cordial to the whipped cream cheese frosting.
- If you want to display the cupcakes on a table for a few hours, it is better to consider a buttercream like my ermine buttercream instead of whipped cream cheese which needs to stay refrigerated due to its ingredients.
How to store the raspberry filled cupcakes?
Store them in the refrigerator under a cake dome for up to 2 days.
Can I make ahead of time these raspberry cupcakes?
You can prepare the cupcakes, without the frosting, 1 day in advance. First, wrap them to keep them moist, then store them in an airtight container.
You can prepare the raspberry filling a few days in advance. Keep it in the fridge, covered, until ready to use it. When you’re ready to fill the cupcakes, stir the filling with a spoon or a spatula to smoothen the texture.
Can we freeze the cupcakes?
You can freeze the cupcakes without filling or frosting for up to 1 month. Wrap them in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container in the freezer.
You can also freeze the raspberry filling for up to 1 month.
If you like these raspberry cupcakes, you should try these recipes, next:
- these French Raspberry Tartlets are just are as pretty as delicious.
- This beautiful Vanilla Raspberry Cake. You will retrieve the flavors of these cupcakes into a cake.
If you tried these Raspberry filled Cupcakes or any recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment below.