These mango cupcakes are fluffy, with a bright mango flavor that is perfectly complemented by a creamy frosting. Whether you are a fan of mangoes or simply looking for a new dessert recipe, these cupcakes will surely become your new favorite.
The mango cupcakes feature a delicate vanilla cupcake, filled with a homemade mango filling and topped with a whipped cream cheese frosting. This recipe’s combination of flavors works well together, creating a delicious tropical cupcake.
Why you’ll love these Mango Cupcakes
- The cupcakes are made with oil, so they have a moist, soft texture that won’t dry out easily.
- A homemade mango filling for the best flavor (you can also use it for a cake filling)
- Flavors complement each other well without being too overpowering.
- These mango cupcakes are a fabulous spring dessert but also great to serve anytime of the year if you love mangoes, as the mango coulis can be made with fresh or frozen mangoes.
This mango cupcake recipe calls for simple pantry ingredients:
Vanilla cupcakes are made with all-purpose flour, baking powder, fine sugar (caster or granulated sugar), salt, large eggs, milk (2% milk fat for me), vegetable oil (canola oil for me), and vanilla extract.
Homemade mango filling is made with frozen or fresh mangoes, sugar and lemon juice.
Whipped cream cheese frosting is made with full-fat heavy cream (double cream in the UK), full-fat cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.
How to make these mango cupcakes?
Vanilla cupcakes: Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then add the wet ingredients. Mix both. Divide the batter into the muffin cases and bake.
Check my mango coulis recipe for full details and succeed in the cake filling.
Whipped cream cheese frosting is simple: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Use an electric mixer to whip at low speed until everything is combined, then increase slightly and whip until stiff peaks form.
Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, fill them with the mango coulis and decorate them with the whipped cream cheese frosting.
Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions at the end of this post.
- Ingredients at room temperature.
- Don’t over-mix the batter.
- Don’t over-bake the cupcakes.
- Ensure the cupcakes are completely cooled before processing to the assembly.
- Use an aluminum muffin tin for best results.
Check the mango coulis recipe for full details and tips.
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Use chilled heavy cream.
- Start to whip at low speed until everything is combined, then increase the speed slightly.
- Ensure the cupcakes are completely cooled before proceeding.
- If you don’t have a cupcake corer, use an apple corer to make the hole: twist an apple corer down through the top without hitting the bottom.
- Fill a piping bag with the mango filling to fill the cupcakes.
How to store the Mango Cupcakes?
Store them in the refrigerator under a cake dome for up to 2 days.
Can I make ahead of time these cupcakes?
- You can prepare the cupcakes, without the frosting, 1 day in advance. Then, store them in an airtight container.
- You can prepare the mango filling a few days in advance. Keep it in the fridge, covered until ready to use it.
Can we freeze the cupcakes?
- You can freeze cupcakes without the filling and frosting for up to 1 month. Wrap them with plastic wrap, place in an airtight container and store them in the freezer.
- You can also freeze the mango coulis for up to 3 months.
Try these recipes, next:
If you tried these Mango Cupcakes or any recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment below.
Find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for even more tips and recipes.