A simple Hazelnut Cake in a beautiful heritage Bundt pan. Easy and quick to prepare, this cake is a great recipe when you have leftover egg whites to use.
If you like the hazelnut flavor, you will love this Hazelnut Cake. The texture is buttery and full of natural nutty flavor thanks to the ground hazelnuts and brown butter. This cake is the perfect dessert served alongside a cup of coffee or for afternoon tea desserts.
This Hazelnut Cake is based on the financier cake recipe, meaning it’s an egg white cake with a similar texture. I turned the little rectangular-shaped French desserts into an elegant Bundt cake recipe.
Hazelnut Cake in a nutshell
- easy Bundt cake recipe
- great for leftover egg whites
- cozy and comfort flavor
- a cake in a heritage Bundt pan is always a WOW effect
- Brown butter: use unsalted butter
- Ground hazelnuts: make it yourself: In your food processor, ground roasted, skinned hazelnuts until a sandy texture. Don’t overmix or you will end up with hazelnut butter. Ensure to use ROASTED hazelnuts to bring out much of their flavor.
- Powder sugar: sifted. Don’t swap with other sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Egg whites
- Vanilla extract: enhance the flavor
How to make this Hazelnut Cake Recipe?
It’s an easy cake based on a financier recipe with a few additions to adapt it to a heritage Bundt pan recipe.
Step1: Prepare the brown butter
Step 2: Mix the dry ingredients
Step 3: Add the egg whites
Step 4: Add the other liquid ingredients
Step 5: Bake the cake
Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions at the end of this post.
- Ingredients are at room temperature.
- When the brown butter is ready, let it cool slightly before adding it to the batter. But it should still be liquid.
- Make sure to grease the Bundt pan properly: apply soft, almost melted butter with a pastry brush. Coat every nook and cranny.
- Wait 10-15 minutes before removing the cake from the Bundt pan. Don’t let it cool in the pan.
Can I use boxed egg whites?
You can use boxed egg whites to prepare this nut cake.
What’s pan for this cake?
It’s a 2.4L (10 cups), 25cm diameter, spiral Bundt pan for the wow effect, but you can use another form as long as it’s a 10-cup pan.
It’s an aluminum pan.
How do I store the Hazelnut Cake?
Store the cake at room temperature under a cake dome for up to 3 days.
Can I make it ahead?
The cake is best the day it’s made but you can bake it a day in advance.
Can I Freeze this cake?
The texture is slightly different but the cake is still good. Wrap it tightly in cling film and place it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
What to serve with this cake?
- Chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
Try these recipes, next:
If you tried this Hazelnut Cake or any recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment or a rating below.