These Donut Shaped Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats are easy to make and ready in less than 15 minutes. These Rice Krispie treats variations is a new way to enjoy cereal treats without adding marshmallow but made with melted chocolate.
These Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats are eye-catching with their donut shape, topped with silky chocolate and rainbow sprinkles. They will be perfect for serving at any party or for pleasing your kids with chocolate treats, and without spending too much time in the kitchen.
The best part of these Donut Shaped Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats is that they are fully customized for any occasion by using different sprinkles or candy melt like orange for Halloween or green and red for Christmas.
Not to mention that using melted chocolate instead of marshmallow is the method to make these Rice Krispie Donuts even easier and avoid the Rice Krispie Bars from getting hard with burned marshmallows. Sometimes, melting marshmallows can be hard to mix to make cereal treats.
Why you’ll love these Donut Shaped Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- Easy to make
- Require few ingredients
- Fun food ideas for kids and adults
- Easy kid friendly recipe
- Quick no bake desserts
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats is a great idea for party or afternoon snacks
- Fully customized for any occasion
- A great alternative to the marshmallow version
Ingredients for the Donut Shaped Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- Rice Krispies or any brand of puffed rice
- White chocolate to stick the puffed rice
- Semi-sweet chocolate to dip
- Sprinkles for topping
How to make Donut Shaped Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- These Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treats are made with melted chocolate instead of marshmallow. If you have never tried this variation, believe me, it’s also tasty, and it gives delicious chocolate Rice Krispies cakes.
- Start to melt the white chocolate. Next, combine the Rice Krispies with the melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the silicone donut molds and compact with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. When the chocolate is set, remove the Donut Shaped Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats form the silicone donut molds.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate, dip your Rice Krispie donuts, and top with sprinkles.
- Let the chocolate set and enjoy.
Full instructions are at the bottom of the page. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable version at the end of this post.
How to store the Donut Shaped Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats?
These cereal treats can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week if it’s not too hot. If the room temperature is high, place them in a fridge.
Which donut mold should I use?
For best results, use a silicone donut mold, it’s easier to remove the Rice Krispie Donuts.
I tried with an aluminum donut pan. I greased it with baking spray. It worked, but it was a bit tricky to remove the donuts from the cavity.
What chocolate should I use?
White chocolate to stick the Rice Krispies and semi-sweet chocolate for dipping make together a good sweetness balance. But feel free to use milk chocolate or semi-sweet for a full chocolate version or any chocolate you like.
Mint chocolate for dipping should be a great option for mint lovers.
Tips to make the Donut Shaped Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- Compact the cereals with the back of your spoon and make sure the top is even, so it is level.
- Add a teaspoon of vegetable oil or butter to the melted chocolate for shiny chocolate. Mix until fully incorporated and dip your Rice Krispie Donuts.
- Dip your donuts one at a time and go quickly. Don’t let the donut too long in the melted chocolate as the white chocolate will start to melt.
Try these recipes, next:
If you tried these Donut Shaped Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats or any recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment below.
Find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for even more tips and recipes.
September 6, 2022 at 1:00 pm
The donut shape is a very cute idea for these rice krispie treats! I know the kids will love them. Thanks for sharing.
September 6, 2022 at 3:38 pm
These are one of the cutest desserts I’ve made in a long time. My kiddos laughed at how they were fooled from afar with how much they looked like donuts. So fun.
September 6, 2022 at 6:42 pm
The kids absolutely loved making these (and demolishing them). Thanks for a fun way to make rice crispie treats.
September 6, 2022 at 9:58 pm
I love the look of these!! I have so much Rice Krispies at home, so this is perfect! Thanks so much for the recipe 🙂
September 7, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Oh wow, these are not only super adorable, but look so delicious. Such a brilliant idea for rice krispies treats.
September 7, 2022 at 5:16 pm
What a fun dessert to make! This would be a fun one for the kids to make!
September 9, 2022 at 9:55 am
This is such a fun treat for kids! and it’s so easy to make! Going to get the ingredients today and make the recipe this weekend 😉
September 11, 2022 at 12:37 pm
This is a really cute idea! Such a fun way to showoff rice treats!
September 11, 2022 at 4:50 pm
what a brilliant idea! Everyone at my house loved these delicious and fun rice Krispie treats!
September 11, 2022 at 5:57 pm
Ahhh these are so cute! What a fun take on a rice krispie treat. My kids love them!