These eye-catching chocolate-dipped Rice Krispie treats with their donut shape are not only an original recipe but also a fun activity to enjoy with your little ones. Plus, they’re easy to make and ready in less than 15 minutes.
Covered with silky chocolate and rainbow sprinkles for a festive touch, These chocolate-dipped rice krispie treats are perfect for serving at any party or for pleasing your kids with treats without spending too much time in the kitchen.
The best part of these Rice Krispies Treats is that they’re made without marshmallows. Yes, it’s a no-fuss recipe, using melted chocolate instead of marshmallow. This method makes these treats even easier and prevents them from getting hard with burned marshmallows.
Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treats in a nutshell
- Easy to make
- Require few ingredients
- Easy kid-friendly recipe
- Quick no bake desserts
- Fully customized: Use orange candy melts to dip your Rice Krispie treats for Halloween, or add green and red sprinkles for a Christmas treat.
- A great alternative to the marshmallow version
- Rice Krispies or any brand of puffed rice
- White chocolate: melted, it will stick to the puffed rice
- Semi-sweet chocolate to dip the donuts
- Sprinkles for topping
Equipment: silicone donut pan (6 cavities) and a rubber spatula
That’s it. You can create these yummy rice krispie treats with just a few ingredients.
How to make these Rice Krispie treats?
These Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treats are made with melted chocolate instead of marshmallow. Believe me, if you have never tried this variation, it’s also tasty.
- Start to melt the white chocolate. Next, in a bowl, stir the puffed rice with the melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the silicone donut pan and compact it with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. When the chocolate is set, gently remove the donuts from the pan.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate, dip your Rice Krispie donuts, and top immediately with sprinkles.
- Let the chocolate set and enjoy.
Full instructions are at the bottom of the page. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions at the end of this post.
- Compact the puffed rice with the back of your spoon, and make sure the top is level.
- Add a teaspoon of vegetable oil or butter to the melted chocolate for shiny chocolate. Mix in your melted chocolate until fully incorporated, and dip your Rice Krispie Donuts.
- Dip your donuts one at a time and go quickly. Don’t let the donut in the melted chocolate too long, as the white chocolate will start to melt.
How to store chocolate dipped Rice Krispie treats
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If the room temperature is high, place them in the fridge. Like any chocolate treats, it can melt if it’s too hot.
Which donut pan should I use?
For best results, use a silicone donut pan, it’s easier to remove the Rice Krispie treats.
I tried with an aluminum donut pan. I greased it with baking spray. It worked, but removing the donuts from the cavity was tricky.
What chocolate should I use?
Together, the combination of white chocolate used to stick the puffed rice and semi-sweet chocolate to cover the donuts creates a perfect balance of sweetness. But feel free to use milk chocolate or semi-sweet for a full chocolate version or any chocolate you like.
Try these easy recipes, next:
If you tried these chocolate dipped rice krispie treats or any recipe on the blog, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment below.